Tagged by lukael for the Top 10 Favorite Videogame list meme thing!
- Final Fantasy Tactics - I have actually lost count of how many times I’ve played through this game, and will talk about it endlessly if you ask me.
- Final Fantasy VI - Fact: my first videogame crush ever was Edgar. Dat chainsaw, aww yeah.
- Mass Effect - I actually happen to love the gameplay in addition to the story and adorable romance options. Not that I’d know anything about love interests that aren’t Garrus (well, except for how to avoid their romance dialogue options).
- Borderlands (both 1 and 2) - Bludgeoning things to death as Brick never, ever gets old. Sniping things as Maya is pretty fun too.
- Starcraft (the original and Brood War) - Never really got into the multiplayer aspect, but ten-year-old me definitely cried at the ending of the original Protoss campaign. Haven’t kept up with the new story in SC2, but I hear Tassadar makes an appearance? Whatever, Blizzard—come talk to me when Fenix pops up again.
- Megaman X (and every subsequent game in the franchise)
- Guild Wars 2
…I…am going to leave it at that. I can rattle off a longer list of other games I’ve played and enjoyed, but these are the ones that I’ve really obsessed over and find myself replaying over and over again.
I suppose I can also throw in an honorable mention to Final Fantasy XII, if only because of the specimen of male perfection that is Balthier. Was there actually a story to that game? I wouldn’t know, since I was too busy swooning over Balthier’s accent/antics.